Thank you for expressing interest in fostering. By opening up your home to foster dogs, you’re not only helping to save lives, you’re providing the individual attention and love these dogs desperately need.
Our foster program is designed to help dogs from shelters as well as owner surrenders get a second chance at finding a home — a chance they may not have received otherwise. Many of the dogs who need foster homes require extra care and attention while in a foster home.
Foster Home Qualifications
- Foster homes must be in the Atlanta area, we cannot allow foster dogs to be outside of this area due to the location of our vet clinics. If you do not qualify to foster because of your location, we encourage you to submit an adoption application. Please visit the adoption page to learn more.
- All other dogs in your home must be spayed or neutered and kept up to date on vaccinations/heartworm preventative. Exceptions are made for dogs who cannot be spayed or neutered due to medical reasons – this reason must be given on your application.
- Provide Taste Of The Wild, Pacific Steam dog food for foster dog. The rescue will provide flea and heartworm prevention, all medications and all vet care through our approved vet clinics.
- Help with transporting of foster dog to and from vet appointments.
- Practice slow-intro of foster dog to resident dogs and children.
- Understand that these are rescues. Many rescues come with “baggage” and often need help with house-training, crate-training and basic commands. Furthermore, they often have medical issues unlike many other breeds so you should be prepared to help do things like clean facial folds, give medicated baths, follow strict diets, apply eye medications and ear drops, etc.
Although fostering can be a lot of work, it is a very rewarding experience. By participating in this program, you are saving lives and helping many different types of dogs find the families they’ve been longing for. If you’re willing to open up your heart and home, we promise to support you every step of the way! Once you complete the form below you will be contacted by our foster coordinator to set up a phone interview.